A warm welcome from GEMS Heritage Indian School - Dubai
Welcome to GEMS Heritage Indian School Dubai.
To invest in the genius & uniqueness of every child
To create an environment that fosters creativity, innovation and a desire to challenge one’s own limitations.
We are an Indian curriculum school, founded in April 2016. The school moved to its custom- built school on E311 Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Road near IMG World, in April 2018.
The school’s resounding success in its first year, was it being rated "GOOD" in its first ever DSIB inspection, following which the school was granted affiliation by the CBSE board early in 2019.
Our uniqueness lies in:
GEMS Heritage Cricket Academy:
- Inaugurated by Brian Lara in October 2018, who also launched the school’s first ever GEMS Heritage Cricket Cup, had 21 schools in its first tournament which ended in February 2019
- Boasts an integrated programme in partnership with East Sports Management, to support the training of budding cricketers, 7 days a week.
Performing Arts Academy:
- In partnership with Malhaar Centre for Performing Arts, the Academy nurtures and trains students of Grades 1-6, four days a week in Hindustani vocals, Tabla, and Kathak.
- Assessment and certification with Gandharva Mahavidyalaya and Prayag Sangit Samiti
- GEMS Heritage String Orchestra in partnership with the Bohuslav Martinu Philharmonic Orchestra in the Czech Republic of Prague
- Selection, training and assessment of students in the violin from April 2019
- The school’s first major musical performance in December 2019
Design Thinking enables learners to identify, consider and solve problems through creative thinking, planning and design, and by working with different media, materials and tools. As a result, learners gain greater technical and design awareness, while developing skills such as initiative, resourcefulness, enquiry and ingenuity. They also develop the communication skills central to design making and evaluation.
At Heritage we introduce students to the concept of Disruptive technology.
A disruptive technology is one that displaces an established technology and shakes up the industry or a ground-breaking product that creates a completely new industry. Integration of STEAM (or STEM + Art) based activities add an artistic or creative element, as students work in groups on creating an engineering project.
Design Thinking will introduce students to understanding:
Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Mixed Reality (Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality), Alternative Food (Hydroponics), Bots, 3d Printing, Predictive Analyses, Autonomous Vehicles