Payment of Fees:
Tuition Fee invoices are sent to the fee sponsor on record and must be paid before school commences.
- The Application Fee is payable at the time of the online registration, and is charged to process the application of new students. Once the child receives a formal offer from the school, the registration deposit is charged to enroll the child and secure the seat.
- If new students enroll at a school during the course of the academic year, the school can charge tuition fees starting from the beginning of the month of enrollment.
- Tuition fees must be paid by the 10th of every month, and are collected in 10 installments except in the months of July and August.
- Application fee: An application fee of AED 525 (inclusive of VAT) Payable by all students at the time of submission of application forms. This fee is:
- Refundable if the school does not offer the student a place. Unless, the child’s registration is carried forward to the following academic year.
- Non-refundable if the school offers the student a place but the student chooses not to take it.
- Not deductible from the total tuition fees to be paid if the student is offered and accepts a place.
- Registration Deposit
This deposit is payable after the student has been offered a place and parents have accepted the offer. The registration deposit is 10% of the total tuition fees, and is deductible from the total tuition fees for the academic year. Please note, this is a non-refundable deposit.
Re-Registration Deposit: This deposit is payable at the time of Re-enrollment to guarantee a place for the following academic year. The Re-registration deposit is 5% of the total tuition fees, and is deductible from the total tuition fees for the academic year. Please note, this is a non-refundable deposit.
Non-payment of Fees
Students may not be permitted to appear for the school examination if their fees are not paid.
Failure to pay Tuition Fees may result in:
- Loss of the student’s place in the school
- Withholding of their school reports, references and/or examination results
- Temporary or permanent expulsion or exclusion from school
- In the cases of both existing and new students, the registration and re-registration deposit will not be refunded unless there are extenuating circumstances. These circumstances include, but are not limited to relocation to another country/Emirate or any other unforeseen circumstances.
- In the case of refund, the school fees will be calculated as follows:
- Tuition fees paid prior to the beginning of the academic year are refundable and only the registration / re-registration fees will be deducted.
- If the student was enrolled in the school for two weeks or less, a month’s fees will be deducted.
- If the student was enrolled in the school for a period ranging between two weeks and one month, two months’ fees will be deducted.
- If the student was enrolled in the school for more than a month, the full terms fees will be deducted.
- The refund will be calculated from the start of the term and the date of the official request by the parent stating the intent of withdrawal and not from the date when the student was absent. Being on the school register counts as days in school.
- If paid with credit card or online, monies will be refunded back to the credit card. Cash payments will be refunded via cheque.
To find out more about the refund amounts, please call us on 04 3894 888.
The application form for withdrawal from the school is available from the Registrar. Parents are advised to give at least one-months’ notice to the school while applying for a Transfer Certificate or a School Leaving Certificate.
The parents must give written notice to the registrar 30 days prior to the last day of attendance if the student is withdrawing from the school
The withdrawal form along with a fee of AED 120.00 towards the Transfer Certificate is to be submitted to the school office within the first week of the month, failing which, one month's fees in lieu of notice will be charged.
Parents are requested to collect their ward’s Medical Record from the School Doctor’s Office, after collecting the Transfer/ Leaving Certificate.
Removal from Rolls
The student's name will be struck off the School rolls on the following grounds:
- Absence from School for a period of 30 continuous days without prior permission of the School authorities
- Repeated failure in any Grade
- Gross misconduct
- Students whose names are struck off the rolls may be considered for re-admission to the school at the Principal's discretion, but may be required to undergo the formalities of new admission.
If you would like to know more about fees and related policies at GEMS Heritage Indian School, please call 04 3894 888.